English Daily Workout: Future in the Past: Exercise on "Going to"

Future in the Past: Exercise on "Going to"

This is an exercise for practicing the use of  "going to" as future in the past.













Answers:

1. He didn't sing that night. He got a sore throat.
He was going to sing that night, but he got a sore throat.

2. They didn't visit Italy. They didn't have time.
They were going to visit Italy, but they didn't have time.

3. She didn't go for a walk. It was raining.
She was going to go for a walk, but it was raining.

4. I could do my homework. I had forgotten my books.
I was going to do my homework, but I had forgotten my books.

5. He didn't attend the conference that morning. It was snowing heavily.
He was going to attend the conference that morning, but it was snowing heavily.
________________________________________________________________________


Future in the Past: Lesson (Would, Past Continuous, Going to, Was/Were to + Infinitite, Was/Were to Have + Past Participle)


Future in the Past: Exercise on "Would" & "Going to"

Future in the Past: Exercise on "Was/Were to + Infinitive" and "Was/Were to Have + Past Participle"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments