English Daily Workout: Past Simple and Past Continuous- Exercise 1

Past Simple and Past Continuous- Exercise 1

Exercise focusing on the past simple and past continuous.

When to use the past simple.
When to use the past continuous.







Answers


1.
a. What was Peter doing when you rang him?
b. He said he was browsing the web because he was bored, so I invited him to go our for a walk. 
2.
a. What was Jane doing when you visited her?
b. She was doing her homework but she stopped doing that and we started playing cards.
3.
a. How long were you studying the for the exam yesterday?
b. Until 10 p.m but I realized I wasn't concentrating much so I had a break.
4.
a. Did you give Anthony the news?
b. No, later when he was having lunch.
5.
a. Was your mum still painting when you went to bed?
b. Yes, she was. I helped her until 11 p.m. but I was too tired so I went to bed.







3 comments:

Comments