English Daily Workout: Past Tenses Review - Key Word Transformation Exercise

Past Tenses Review - Key Word Transformation Exercise

This  is a key word transformation exercise for practicing the English Past Tenses. 
Read the given sentences and rewrite them using the words in brackets. 












Answers:

1. I intended to send the postcard yesterday, but I couldn't.  (going)
I was going to send the postcard yesterday, but I couldn't.

2. We used to talk until the wee hours after dinner on Saturdays.  (would)
We would talk until the wee hours after dinner on Saturdays.

3. John had the irritating habit of chewing gum in class. (always)
John was always chewing gum in class.

4. Lindsay wasn't always as kind as that. She changed a lot after she had her first child.  (be)
 Lindsay didn't use to be as kind as that. She changed a lot after she had her first child.

5. I felt so sad about the deterioration in Paul's condition. (worse)
I felt so sad that Paul was getting worse.

6. I was very keen on cooking in those days. (use)
I used to be very keen on cooking in those days.

7. I don't know if you want to come to the theatre with me tonight.  (wondering)
I was wondering if you would like to come to the theatre with me tonight.

8. I had to go past Mary's office so I decided to drop in. (passing)
I was passing Mary's office, so I decided to drop in.

9. Jerry had the accident before we got to his apartment. (by the time)
By the time we got to Jerry's apartment, he had had the accident.

10. What did you do at the moment of the crash? (when)
What did you do when the crash occurred?





3 comments:

  1. What did you do the crash ocurred....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your feedbak. The WHEN is missing in the answer.

      Delete
  2. Hola Loren! Espero que estes bien. Vi tu comentario en mi blog. Muchas gracias! Eres maestra de Ingle's en Argentina? Au'n, soy una estudiente de Espan~ol. Tengo que mejorarlo. Uno de mis suen~os es hablar tan Espan~ol que Ingle's. Puedes ayudarme? Si tienes interese en ayudandome, me mandas tu respuesta por e-mail. Mi identidad es: g.mahalakshmi1982@gmail.com

    Adios hasta hablamos!

    ReplyDelete

Comments