English Daily Workout: Present Continuous: Tag Questions -Exercise

Present Continuous: Tag Questions -Exercise

Present Continuous: Tag questions


Tag questions are also formed using the auxiliary. In the following examples, the tag questions are underlined. In spoken English, aren't I? is often used as a tag question. For example:
Affirmative Statement                            Affirmative Statement with Tag Question
  I am working.  I am working, am I not?
  You are working.  You are working, aren't you?
  He is working.  He is working, isn't he?
  She is working.  She is working, isn't she?
  It is working.  It is working, isn't it?
  We are working.  We are working, aren't we?
  They are working.  They are working, aren't they?

Add negative tag questions to the affirmative statements . Except when the subject of the verb is I, use contractions for the tag questions. 

For example:
      It is snowing.
      It is snowing, isn't it?

      They are being cautious.
      They are being cautious, aren't they?



Answers:

1. I am learning English, am I not? 
2. You are carrying a parcel, aren't you?
3. It is growing colder, isn't it? 
4. We are living in Halifax, aren't we? 
5. They are running a race, aren't they? 
6. He is drinking coffee, isn't he? 
7. She is shopping for presents, isn't she? 
8. I am cleaning the window, am I not? 
9. We are buying pencils, aren't we? 
10. They are playing football, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments