English Daily Workout: Simple Past: Affirmative Statements Exercise

Simple Past: Affirmative Statements Exercise

                                                         




English verbs other than the verb to be have the same form in the Simple Past, regardless of the subject.

In the case of regular English verbs, the Simple Past has the same form as the past participle. For example, the Simple Past of the regular verb to work is conjugated as follows:

I worked
you worked
he worked
she worked
it worked
we worked
they worked

Exercise:

Paying attention to the correct spelling, fill in the blanks with the Simple Past of the regular verbs shown in brackets. For example:
      It _______ raining. (to stop)
      It stopped raining.

      I _________ myself. (to disguise)
      I disguised myself.
Answers:
1. flipped 
2. watched 
3. arranged 
4. bragged 
5. enjoyed 
6. supplied 
7. reassured 
8. waited 
9. shipped 
10. worried

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments